1. I don’t really like spilling my guts online, because I don’t know who is reading it and that just makes me nervous.
2. I have loved dancing for pretty much my entire life and feel somewhat depressed the longer time goes and I am not able to dance.
3. I like being familiar with people and my surroundings. Living far away from family has been very hard and stressful for me. I didn’t understand this about myself when I moved away.
4. I love the taste of cheese and all things dairy, but the truth is I really can’t eat it without having a major intestinal reaction. So sad!! (Except for raw milk on occasion)
5. Even though I have strong opinions about what is right for me in my life, I don’t assume everyone feels the same way or I dislike them. I respect others’ opinions even when I know that my truth is something different. I appreciate mutual respect.
6. One thing that bugs me is when people think I am just like them, and don’t take the time to hear how and why I am different.
7. I know I can get carried away with my passions when I am telling someone about something, but one thing I wish people would just understand at face value is that I’m just passionate about things. I don’t bother with stuff I don’t care about.
8. I don’t understand why people take offense on Facebook to the good things (in status updates) that happen to other people. I read them and think “yay for you!” and then I see people talking about how annoyed they are by other’s good news. I’m like…. “WHAT-?!! GET OVER YOURSELF!!!”
9. I regularly notice misspelled words in signs, books, online articles, etc. It always baffles me that some editor didn’t see those errors.
10. I LOVE using punctuation and all caps to EXPRESS my emotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;o)
11. I wish I could have stayed in college longer. I’m one of those unique people who actually like school…mainly because I’m intensely curious and I like the clearly communicated expectations, the structure, and regularly seeing the same people on the same day, week after week.
12. Every year I think of a new career I could pursue. Being at home I feel like I am missing out on the career world. But then when I think and research about going back to work I realize that I’ll be missing out on my kids! Ultimately I feel worse about missing out on my kids, so I’m still at home with them.
13. I helped author a novella in college and I never got a copy of the finished product. I never read it. But hey I got an “A” in the class… :/
14. I have a much easier time expressing myself through writing than I do through talking. Sometimes I can’t think of the right words and I hate to look “dumb” like I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’ll think of the appropriate word several hours later though…
15. No matter how many people tell me they don’t believe in “types” I will still always try to understand the patterns and habits of others through observation and hypothesizing. And I will group these observations into categories. But if you really hate the idea of “types” I will try to not mention it to you, however I will feel quite sure about which group you fit into. And yes, I do believe in free will and change. Just not so much to the basic habits and patterns that someone regularly demonstrates in their life.
16. When I don’t get enough food and sleep I turn into a “cray-cray”. No I’m not chronically depressed or bi-polar I just need more sleep and food. And maybe some friends to hang out with.
17. I love my kids intensely and yet I really need regular time away from them. Sometimes they take me to “cray-cray” land faster than a speeding bullet.
18. I feel that online-only friendships are a sad excuse for real live friendships but sometimes, when you stay at home all day with no adult interaction, you need something that helps you feel connected and is okay with being interrupted a jillion times.
19. Sometimes I lie about how I am doing when other people ask, or about how I like Texas. Often I believe those lies and start feeling better. Sometimes I even convince myself that living here is okay or even preferable. I don’t lie if I’m feeling absolutely horrid, I’m not that great of a pretender. I only lie if I’m just a little down and saying so will only make me feel worse.
20. I miss the days when people called each other “just because”. Or maybe they are calling each other but I’m not part of that group for some reason. Maybe everyone is radically obsessed with being uber-productive and doesn’t see cellular relations as a productive activity. Oh well, here is my opinion: connecting with people = productivity. Staying disconnected = lack of support for productive goals. But who knows, maybe I’m just “cray-cray”.
21. I used to think that quantity of friends matters the most but now I realize that quality of relationships matter the most.
22. I really dislike the cultural belief that all women should always be soft and that there is no good use for tough women. Actually, it infuriates me. I am a tough woman but I also have softness as a part of me. I don’t try to be tough, I just am. Altogether I am more often tough than soft, and I do appreciate this about myself and feel it is important for me to live true to myself. I don’t think that all women should strive to be tough or strive to be soft. They should strive to follow their heart and live true to it. We do not have an overabundance of tough women or soft women, just women who can still choose to be brave enough to follow their hearts and live true to themselves. Without passionate women, such as myself, who feel brave enough to push other people to higher ground, I believe we would indeed miss out on much opportunity to grow and improve as individuals and as a society.
23. I like crying, but I don’t do it often. When I do, it’s like a thunderstorm. By the way, I love thunderstorms. They make me feel so good!!!
24. I don’t always strive to find “the perfect answer” to all the world’s problems but I do regularly strive to understand why people think and feel what they do, and what is their unique perspective.
25. I type really fast. Faster than a galloping llama, or another animal that gallops quickly. That’s probably why I’m on #25 now.
26. Some of my best, most favorite and supportive friends I have met online through groups created for mutual interests.
27. I recently decided that I am a beautiful woman. I have heard other people tell me this in my life but the truth is, I’ve never chosen to believe this notion until now. I’ve spent so much time telling myself that I’m not the right size and I make too many mistakes daily to be a beautiful woman. But you know what? I am beautiful. And I will be beautiful if I am size 2 or if I am size 14. Even if I am plus size I will be beautiful. I don’t believe that it is worldly or sinful to invest in my beauty. I feel my best when I make the investment on myself to look my absolute best. I love it when other people do this too. Not as some kind of competition at all, but as a way of expressing that we all are beautiful and wonderful creatures. I also don’t believe that beauty and brains are exclusive things. I also know that I am very intelligent, and while I won’t be a genius at every single thing in life, I know that I have some very important and special talents and really everyone does. They just have to start seeing them that way.
28. One day I want to author a book. (Oh wait it looks like I already have!!!) Not just any book, but an awesome book. So therefore I will author it when I feel ready to create something awesome.
29. I love my chunky, chubby kids. I don’t really believe that skinny babies are the ideal, personally. I know that “skinny is in” or whatever- but I think that healthy looks different on everyone. But yes, there are obese people in the world and I feel kind of bad for them.
30. One of my personal mottos (not that I created but that I discovered I readily live by no matter what) is: Go BIG or Go HOME!!! This looks like: making a list of 30 things about myself when I really only needed to write 10, getting in the car to do at least three errands instead of just doing a single errand, checking off several important items on my list with a single investment of time, energy and/or money.